This is not going to go the way you think.
Luke wasn’t kidding.
Probably the most talked about and divisive Star Wars film yet – this week we tackle The Last Jedi. We’re both very conflicted about this film and there’s nothing like geeky podcast therapy to grapple with our feelings. Might as well give our Force Awakens episode a listen as well, just to see how much a difference two years and two completely different movies makes.
Segment 1: What Are We Geeking Out About? (1:15)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking out about Children of the Whales and Brian is geeking out about Jean Claude Van Johnson.
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (10:36)
Segment 3: The Last Jedi Discussion (16:40)
- Kristin saw the movie mere hours before recording this – Brian saw it on Thursday.
- For the record – we absolutely adored The Force Awakens!
- Listen to that episode from two (!!!) years ago!
- We both came into this many expectations – which didn’t happen.
- It was a real mixed bag of great stuff and some real WTF stuff.
- We loved Finn & Rose but their main plot was a mess.
- Benicio Del Toro’s character… what was that?
- Poor Phasma…
- So how about that Snoke?
- The Luke/Rey/Kylo plot was the highlight of movie.
- We loved the reveal of Rey’s parents.
- Great use of color in this film.
- Crotchety Old Man Luke was amazing.
- Mark Hamill was nailed it too.
- Luke & Leia moment *sob*
- Final battle on the mining planet looked cool, but had little weight – too many false finishes in the movie.
- Humor was really hit or miss – really kinda smug for Star Wars.
- Puppet Yoda!
- Rey doesn’t need a boyfriend.
- Versus Rogue One (which we didn’t love) this was much better, mostly because of the characters we love.
- So what’s next for Episode XI?
Segment 3: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (67:45)