We could have taken a jaunty stroll through the Spirit World in the time we’ve been waiting for this Korra comic – BUT NOW THE WAIT IS OVER! Was it worth the long wait? Did the continuation of one of our favorite shows live up to the hype? DID VARRICK AND ZHU LI DO THE THING ONCE MORE? Give a listen and find out, Korraholics!
Segment 1: What Are We Geeking Out About? (2:36)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking out about This is the Sound by Cellar Darling (with bonus discovery of the magic of the hurdy-gurdy) and Brian is geeking out about The Mae Young Classic (with bonus update on the undefeated streak of our favorite wrestler Asuka).
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (16:16)
Another regular segment where we discuss – you guessed it – what we’re drinking. This week Kristin is drinking New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin and Brian is drinking Evil Twin Brewing / Lervig Aktiebryggeri Big Ass Money Stout 2!
Segment 3: Korra Discussion (24:00)
- We were both very excited about this comic because we loved the show so much.
- It was our third episode! A special place in our hearts!
- A little disappointed how short it was, especially considering the long wait.
- Korassmi was ADORABLE throughout. Lots of nice scenes and small moments of them as a couple.
- THE KISS!!!
- The main plot with the turf war and evil businessman needed a much more depth.
- Tokuga is pretty underwhelming as the Big Bad, especially considering the quality of villains in the show.
- Not a ton of space in a short comic to give depth to the side characters.
- Nice to see all the characters again – BUT WHERE WAS VARRICK
- Did love all of the coming out drama. It’s a stale narrative that took away from pages that could have been used for more plot and character development. Prejudice in terms of orientation has never been mentioned in this world previously.
- The retcons about the various tribes acceptance of same sex marriage kinda worked and kinda didn’t.
- Brian is feeling his beer.
- The art was LOVELY. The sketchy/watercolory look of the Spirit World especially. The first double page spread was gorgeous. A few wonky faces & bodies here and there, but all the characters looked pretty on point.
- We seemed pretty negative, but overall we liked it enough.
Segment 3: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (58:06)