Well friends, we have a whole bunch of great stuff coming up in future episodes, but this week we’re serving up a lovely smorgasbord of topics to chat about. Climate change funding might on the chopping block, but the Glaciers of Men are still floating along and going strong! Batman! Belle! Bemoaning bad Woooos! This episode has it all!
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About? (2:55)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking out about Yona of the Dawn (with bonus debate about the necessity of anime filler episodes) and Brian is geeking out about LEGO Batman (with bonus Brian imploring Kristin to give the original LEGO Movie another try).
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (18:52)
Segment 3: Talking about ALL THE STUFF (27:14)
- The Episode VIII Title reveal (which Brian calls “Episode IX)
- WHO ARE THE LAST JEDI
- What are the odds of a Force Ghost cameo and who should it be?
- How will we handle the Star Wars rewatch this year?
- Let’s see how much the unedited original trilogy costs on eBay!
- Also Wonder Woman’s out this year and we are preparing for the worst!
- But we will support it, because it’s f*cking Wonder Woman!
- Also Live Action Beauty and the Beast is out next month and KRISTIN IS EXCITED
- A special guest appearance by Brian’s Wife who is ALSO EXCITED
- No childhoods will be ruined with this remake!
- Brian’s Wife is also rewatching LOST and we have thoughts about it.
- Brian provides his thoughts on the first few episodes of Ouran Host Club.
- It wouldn’t be a rando episode without YARN TALK
- Also PUB CRAWLS
- And SPINNING RETREATS
- An extra impromptu What Are We Drinking!
- We’re reading UPDRAFT by Fran Wilde next!
Segment 4: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (71:50)