This episode is dedicated to the memory of Carrie Fisher.
She has passed, but the Rebellion lives on.
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About? (00:58)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking about Inis (with bonus discussion about how hard it is to find friends to play games with) and Brian is geeking out about Westworld (with bonus discussion about how SUPER AWFUL Trueblood got by the end… and better again?).
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (16:30)
Another regular segment where we discuss – you guessed it – what we’re drinking. Kristin’s drinking Christmas 2016 Homebrew and Brian’s drinking Sierra Nevada Maple Scotch-Style Ale.
Segment 3: Rogue One Discussion (24:20)
- Thoughts on the Star Wars side stories in general.
- Differences between the trailers and what ended up in the final.
- Extensive reshoots – Made Jyn more “likeable”, but more boring.
- Rundown of Jyn’s character and what might have been.
- Enough with the Daddy Issues, writer of Star Wars.
- Jyn is reactive – moved around the board by other characters.
- Overall the performances in the film were good, but for bland characters.
- We did love Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen A WHOLE BUNCH.
- This felt like a movie made with a Star Wars checklist.
- We also really loved the Sarcastic Android, K2.
- Krannic was an okay villain, just like pretty much everything.
- Dad Joke Vader, huh?
- We don’t think the film earned the ending that we got.
- This didn’t feel like a Star Wars movie and that was part of the disappointment.
- Men of Color rep in this was fantastic, but Women of Color and Women in General, not so much.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION – Crawl or no crawl at the beginning?
- We were happy to see Jimmy Smits too.
Segment 4: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (86:39)