It’s a Ho-Ho-Ho-Horrorshow this week on the Young Podawans, because we’re talking Scary Santas! The Grinch, Death, Krampus, even a retired wrestler, it’s a true Nightmare A Couple Weeks Before Christmas on this podcast. Joining us this week is Super Special Guest and Noted Krampus Expert Shauna Granger! It may be cold outside, but it’s hot in Hell where Krampus will be dragging all the naughty kids soon!
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About? (1:34)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking about Yuri!!! On Ice (with bonus but what exactly is Yuri?), Brian is geeking out about Final Fantasy XV (with bonus CARS IN FINAL FANTASY???!!!), and Shauna is geeking out about Paper Girls Vol. 2 (with bonus bad ass girl nostalgia feels).
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (17:53)
Another regular segment where we discuss – you guessed it – what we’re drinking. Kristin’s drinking sparkling cranberry juice, Brian’s drinking Harvey’s Christmas Ale, and Shauna’s drinking hot chocolate with Kahlua Peppermint Mocha.
Segment 3: Scary Santa Discussion (24:24)
- Shauna drops all the Krampus knowledge.
- Switches or coal – WHICH IS WORSE?
- Shauna gives the most ringing endorsement of the KRAMPUS movie ever.
- Kristin lays down the facts about Death from HOGFATHER.
- Shauna with an epic segue:
- Is NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS a Halloween or Christmas movie?
- Jack Skellington – Agent of Appropriation?
- Some unexpected love for the badass Santa in RISE OF THE GUARDIANS.
- Also much love for the music of Danny Elfman.
- Of course, we must discuss THE GRINCH.
- The Grinch just wants everyone to be quiet, is that too much to ask?
- They filmed the horrible Jim Carrey GRINCH by Shauna’s house!
- Who’s excited for Benedict Cumbergrinch?
- Brian needs to speak on SANTA’S SLAY because it has a wrestler as a Scary Santa.
- There may be a Scary Santa watch / live tweet forthcoming.
- Regular Santa kinda creepy too, right?
- The moral of today’s episode – Christmas is terrifying.
- You should probably watch some happy Christmas movies like ARTHUR CHRISTMAS, too.
- You can find Shauna on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Spellbound Scribes!
Segment 4: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (68:10)