Greetings, True Believers! This week we’re chatting the Captain America film series with super special guest Brina Starler! It’s a whole lot of Star Spangled Awesomeness to jam into one podcast, but we did it friends!
And you have another week to enter our CONTEST!
Help us name our World Fantasy Con Pumpkin Ale Extravaganza and have a chance win an awesome Holtzmann Funko POP! Email or Tweet us your suggestions and we’ll pick the one we love the most!
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About? (5:51)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Kristin is geeking about Hearthlands (with bonus is it eight bit or sixteen bit? Eh, whatever it looks old), Brian is geeking out about Shin Godzilla (with bonus enduring legacy and popularity of Godzilla films), and Brina is geeking out about Six of Crows (with bonus discussion on The Darkling and not really loving The Darkling).
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking About This Week? (19:15)
Another regular segment where we discuss – you guessed it – what we’re drinking. Kristin’s drinking Homebrew Pumpkin Ale, Brian’s drinking New Belgium Brewing Pumpkick, and Brina’s drinking Starbuck’s Mocha Coffee, with some Agave Nectar and Cinnamon.
Segment 3: Captain America Discussion (27:18)
- Who is Captain America?
- Kristin did not expect Tiny Steve!
- Why Steve Rogers is the only one who could be Captain America.
- Why Brina and Brian love Bucky (and why Kristin should too).
- WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON – Tony vs Steve in Civil War.
- Tony’s PTSD and building authoritarian personality.
- Civil War the Comic vs Civil War the Movie (the Movie was better)
- Shade for Civil War II and its handling of Captain Marvel.
- But love for Kamala Khan!
- Let’s talk about the Carters – Peggy (YAY) and Sharon (BOO).
- Natasha’s relationship with Steve and conflicting loyalties.
- We chat about the villains in each film and their effectiveness.
- Poor Crossbones…
- If Steve dies in Infinity War, who takes over, Falcon or Bucky?
- Do Bucky and Natasha have a past? Will it be revealed in a future movie?
- Which one film we each liked the best.
Segment 4: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (85:46)