On this week’s episode we discuss the one of the most talked-about anime series in the last decade: Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
／人◕ ‿‿ ◕人＼
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About? (00:35)
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Brian is geeking about Bravely Default (with bonus contempt for Zelda 2) and Kristin is geeking about Sorcerer to The Crown by Zen Cho (with bonus YA definition discussion)!
Segment 2: What Are We Drinking Today? (12:45)
Another regular segment where we discuss – you guessed it – what we’re drinking. Kristin laments the lack of flavor in her Post Road Pumpkin Ale. Brian’s drinking Labatt Blue Light because there’s nothing else in house!
Segment 3: Madoka Magica Discussion (17:11)
- SPOILER WARNING – Major Madoka & Evangelion Spoilers throughout!
- How we each discovered the show.
- Breakdown of the show’s premise.
- Different animation styles and contrast.
- Discussion of Madoka as a character.
- That Homura Episode.
- Predominantly female cast.
- Beer Flavored Nipples?
- Madoka and Homura both a main character by the end.
- A preemptive discussion of the ending!
- The grimmest part of a really grim show.
- The show’s brilliant ability to make you connect to the characters.
- Marketing and presentation (AND BETRAYAL)
- The Movie… UUUUGGGGHHH
- A bit of tangent about bootleg Evangelion movies…
- …and the end of Evangelion…
- Discussion of other deconstructions.
- A call to our listeners for suggestions of more deconstructions!
- Next week we’re talking about Legend of Korra!
Segment 5: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes! (85:45)