It’s our Inaugural Episode! This week we discuss attending our first ever World Fantasy Convention and get progressively more punch-drunk as the days pass!
Episode 1 – World Fantasy Convention 2015
Segment 1: What Are You Geeking Out About?
Every week in the opening segment we discuss what we’re currently geeking out about! This week Brian is geeking about Pitch Wars and Kristin is geeking about the Guy Gavriel Kay Reading!
Segment 2: WFC 2015 Day Two
- WE’RE NOT ZOMBIFIED AT ALL
- BarCon and finding our way awkwardly into parties!
- Meeting a bunch industry people and shameless name dropping!
- Somebody walks by and says “Hi!”
- Our business cards next to DEADCLOWNART.COM
- Meeting & recognizing people from The Internet!
- WE WERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS GENE WOLFE
- Books we first read in our formative years.
- The importance of correcting inaccuracies & not propagating them.
- SQUIRREL BOOK FIVE OF THE INSPECTOR LORD PINHORN SERIES
- Languages and the realism of them in stories.
Segment 3: WFC 2015 Day Three
- WE’RE A LITTLE ZOMBIFIED
- Uncle Max reads us a story!
- The joy and passion of seeing a writer read their own work to an audience.
- MAX GLADSTONE WALKED BY AND GAVE US A SHOUTOUT
- Fran Wilde is super happy and charming!
- The Big Saturday Signing – an awkward moment with Mr. Kay & Brian’s Lament
- The coziness of the Dinner Nook!
- A tangent about Animal Crossing and being tired!
- And another tangent about Magic the Gathering! AND GOBLINS!
- MORE AWKWARD MOMENTS WITH KRISTIN AND MR KAY
- A bromance interlude between Brian and Adam Christopher!
- RAMBLING STUFF THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUTTAKES
Segment 4: WFC 2015 Day Four
- WE’RE A LOT ZOMBIFIED
- Recounting The Bourboning, Tremontaine Party and Karaoke!
- MR KAY APPROACHES
- Brian’s solemn vow to get Kristin to sing on the Pod at least once.
- K.M. Szpara’s delightful reading!
- Tell us about your Con experience or if you’ll be at WFC next year!
- Next week we’re talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
Segment 5: Outro, Contact Info & Outtakes!